Happy that riff-raffs have gone to BJP: Rahul - Hoshiarpur News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
He was responding to a question on Congress leaders leaving the party and joining BJP.
The former party president was addressing a press conference as part of the Bharat Jodo Yatra.
"Thankfully, the riff-raffs have gone to BJP. Our party has a mix of capable and senior leaders along with young leaders and workers who are working hard," the Gandhi scion stated.
"I think many leaders left the party under pressure from ED-CBI and cases but during Bharat Jodo Yatra workers were enthusiastic," he added.
Many leaders in Punjab, including former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, and former PCC president Sunil Jakhar have left the party, along with senior leadership, not only in Punjab, but Ghulam Nabi Azad left the party, and so did Jyotitraditya Scindia, Jitin Prasada who were considered close to Rahul Gandhi.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC