Guwahati AIIMS will be operational from next year - Guwahati News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
Addressing an event at Namghar in Guwahati, Sarma said, "AIIMS Guwahati will be formally inaugurated and will be operational in 2023."
Notably, this is the first AIIMS which will become functional in Assam.
Sarma also announced some projects for his home constituency Jalukbari.
According to the Chief Minister, 10 high schools will be set up in the Jalukabari area, along with model schools in Changsari and Rangmahal.
Sarma also said that the construction of the Palasbari-Sualkuchi bridge will start next year. A new bridge at Saraighat will also come up, for which construction work will begin soon.
On the occasion, Sarma felicitated meritorious students from Jalukbari who passed their Class 10 and Class 12 board exams with flying colours this year.
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent
- India offers customised training modules to Royal Cambodian Army
- Kerala transgender couple gears up for parenthood after trans man gets pregnant
- 'Will apply only prospectively': SC on order to treat OCIs as NRIs in tests for medical courses