Gurugram: Sex racket busted; 18 women, 2 managers held among 27 - Gurugram News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
The arrested have been booked under different sections of the Immoral Trafficking Act and an FIR has been registered against them at the Sector 29 police station.
According to the police, they acted following a tip off about prostitution carried out at the Spa centres in Mega City Mall located on Mehrauli-Gurugram Road.
DCP (east), constituted a special team on the matter which raided the spots and nabbed Mabinoor Islam, the manager of Alcor Spa, one customer and three women from here.
Similarly, the police have also arrested Zabur Islam the manager of Evanthe Spa, and 15 women including 3 from Thailand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Bihar and West Bengal involved in prostitution.
In the preliminary inquiry, it was revealed that the spa centres' owners Ramesh Kumar and Umesh Arora used to run a prostitution racket from the spa. In place of this, the managers of both spas used to charge Rs 2,000 per customer.
All the accused will be produced in the local court for further investigations.
"Further investigation in the matter is underway we are collecting more information about the involvement of any other person," said Subhash Boken, spokesperson of Gurugram police.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM