Gujarat: Woman kills husband with help of paramour, his friend - Junagadh (Saurashtra) News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
The police have arrested the wife of deceased Rafiq Ghoghari, her paramour and his friend in connection with the case.
District Superintendent of Police Ravi Teja Vasamsetty told mediapersons that Rafiq's wife Mehmooda was having an affair with Asif Chauhan for the past eight months. They wanted to get married, but it was not possible till Rafiq was alive. So they hatched a plan to kill Rafiq.
Accordingly, they arranged cyanide with the help of Rafiq's friend Imran. On Monday evening, Mehmooda and her lover laced a soft drink with cyanide and put the bottle in Rafiq's auto-rickshaw. First Rafiq drank the soft drink and fell unconscious, and later his friend Bharat alias Johan also drank from the same bottle and he too fell unconscious. Both of them died later due to cyanide poisoning.
The DSP said the forensic report revealed that there was poison in the soft drink, which helped the police probe the murder angle and crack the case.
All the three accused -- Mehmooda, Asif and Imran -- are in police custody now.
- J&K gears up for fruit revolution with high density plantation project
- AAP councillors want Aldermen to be debarred from Feb 6 voting
- Delhi L-G reviews progress in work for events related to G20 summit
- Constitute JPC if you have nothing to hide: KCR to PM
- PM Modi to inaugurate India Energy Week on Monday
- NIA arrests 2 in connection with Phulwari Sharif terror module case
- Delhi BJP Working President distributes battery tricycles to 'Divyangs'
- Kerala government likely to halve fuel cess to Re 1
- Andhra youth migrating to other states for jobs: Lokesh
- Pradhan slams Odisha CM over law & order situation