Gujarat poll phase-2: 4.75% voter turnout till 9 am - Gandhinagar News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The voting was underway on 93 seats in 14 districts.
According to the Election Commission of India till 9 a.m. approximately 4.75 per cent voting was recorded.
The highest voting was in Gandhinagar district with 7 per cent and in Banaskantha district it was 5.36 per cent.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was among the early voters to cast his vote. He cast his at Nishant school in the Ranip area of Ahmedabad city.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel cast their votes from Naranpura and Ghatlodia constituencies respectively.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi after casting his vote has appealed to voters to vote in large numbers.
Amit Shah appealed to the first-time voters to cast their votes. He appealed to vote for the development, saying that the "foundation for development has been laid by Gujarat, it is the growth engine of the country's development."
Shah appealed for a record break voting on Monday.
At a number of places the voters and polling agents complained of the EVMs not working, or having developed a snag.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time