Gujarat mob lynching: 5 cops suspended for dereliction of duty - Porbandar (Saurashtra) News
by IANS | Updated Feb 05, 2023
Deputy Superintendent of Police Neelam Goswami told media on Saturday evening: "A victim Shyam had 90 per cent vision loss, he was beaten badly by trustees of Vachharda Dada temple, suspecting that the victim had stolen money from them temple. Instead of taking the victim to the hospital, Udyognagar police station team kept him for two hours at the police station."
Victim's father Kishor's allegation is that had the police taken him straight to the hospital, he would have not died because of internal injuries and delayed treatment.
On the victim family's allegation, a preliminary inquiry was conducted by the senior police officers, finding substance in the allegations, five police persons are put under suspension, said officer.
Kishorbhai in his complaint had stated on Thursday: "My 26-year-old Shyam is a street vendor and sells acid and phenyl by travelling on his cycle. On Wednesday, he was travelling to Bokhira area when Vachharda dada temple's trustees Ebhal Kadchha, Lakha Bhogeshra, Raju Bokhiriya, and others stopped him and started beating him. Later he was handed over to the police. Same evening he died in police custody."
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them