Gujarat: BJP corporator held for violating MCC - Gandhinagar News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
Sharad Patil was arrested late Friday evening and later released on bail.
During the Gujarat Assembly polls' first phase 1 on Thursday, Patil, after casting his vote, had appealed to electorate to vote for the BJP.
In his complaint, J S Rana, officer on election duty, said that a video clip, which he got, establishes that Patil had violated the MCC in polling booth number 176, of Udhana constituency.
Surat Police had invoked section 130 of the People's Representative Act against the corporator.
In another video viral on social media, BJP's Kalol (Panchmahal district) candidate Fatehsinh Chauhan can be seen campaigning for himself in Boriya and Chata village.
"Chauhan is openly asking workers to do bogus voting 1000 to 3000 votes without any fear," alleged AAP candidate Dinesh Baria from the Panchmahal district.
Baria alleged that even though he complained about the matter to the returning officer in person and even online, no action has been taken so far.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time