Guj assembly polls: 50% voter turnout till 3 p.m. - Gandhinagar News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The polling in the second phase is being held for 93 Assembly seats in 14 districts of Gujarat.
The highest turnout, according to the latest figures, was reported from Sabarkantha (57.23 per cent) and the lowest was from Ahmedabad (44.67 per cent).
At some places, heated arguments have taken place between BJP and Congress workers.
In Panchmahal district, an assault took place on Congress candidate Prabhatsinh Chauhan in Godali village. His car was attacked by a group of people.
Also, a minor scuffle took place between the Congress and the BJP workers in Anklav constituency.
The first phase of voting was held on December 1.
The results would be announced on December 8.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time