Groom kills bride's minor brother, runs SUV over three relatives
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Groom Manoj Kumar and his friends began quarrelling with the bride's relatives over sweets served to them at the wedding in Shamshabad area on Monday night.
"They were inebriated when they started arguing. The elders intervened but they fired at my maternal uncle who escaped unhurt," said Punit, the bride's brother.
He alleged that his younger brother Pranshu, who was serving water to Manoj and his friends, was whisked away by the accused in an SUV.
"While fleeing, they ran their SUV over two women and a teenaged girl, leaving them with serious injuries. We made several calls to Manoj to return along with Pranshu, but he refused. At 3 am the next morning, he left my brother's body in the village and fled," Punit claimed.
Pranshu's neck had a strangulation mark and his face was disfigured.
The injured -- Vimla, 50, Mithilesh, 35, and Sapna, 17 -- were taken to Lohia district hospital in Farrukhabad where the condition of Mithilesh is said to be critical.
According to the FIR filed by the bride's father Rampal Jaatav, "Manoj Kumar drove a speeding SUV over people standing on the roadside and injured three women relatives. My nine-year-old son was also killed by the groom and his friends."
Kamayganj Circle officer Rajveer Singh Gaur said: "Initial investigation suggests that men from both sides were engaged in a heated argument. The groom drove an SUV over three relatives and possibly also the boy. The victim's body has been sent for post-mortem. The report will tell if the child was run over by a vehicle or was strangled."
The police is looking for the accused groom and his relatives.
- 'Extremely excessive': SC quashes Rs 2 crore compensation for haircut gone wrong
- No coal shortage in country, says Centre
- Delhi HC takes on record RGCI's stand to provide free treatment to poor patients in OPD, IPD
- Shinde-Fadnavis govt to present maiden state Budget on March 9
- Sikkim wears deserted look, bandh evokes good response
- PM tears into Oppn, terms allegations against him as baseless
- Gujarat man tries to flee after stabbing wife, dies in accident
- Ruckus in Bengal Assembly as Guv's speech 'omits' reference to scams
- Telangana DGP urged to take action against Revanth Reddy
- Nadda to address rally in Bastar on Feb 11, meet karyakartas