Google's latest Android 13 update for Pixel devices brings new emojis - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
According to SamMobile, the beta update brings 21 emoji, ranging from new animals to a bunch of other characters.
The update introduced new animal emojis -- donkey, moose, goose, and jellyfish, as well as a wing.
Moreover, the blackbird replaces the already existing bluebird, and the update also brings ginger, hyacinth, and pea pod emojis, according to the report.
New coloured hearts -- pink, light blue, and grey -- are also included.
The list of new emojis is further joined by a shaking face, a hand pushing toward the right, and a hand pushing to the left, and these hand emojis come available in different skin tones, said the report.
Other emojis include a folding hand fan, hair pick, flute, maracas, khanda, and wireless.
These new emojis do not appear on Gboard yet, however, users can use these new emojis available with the Android 13 QPR Beta 2 update by copying and pasting, the report added.
Meanwhile, the Android 13 update is also bringing the once Pixel-exclusive Personal Safety application to more smartphones.
Currently, on Google Pixel phones, the Personal Safety application includes several features designed to make sure that users are ready for any type of disaster strike.
- IIT Kanpur to launch haptic smartwatch for blind, visually impaired
- Smartphone app may help spot stroke symptoms as they occur
- Researchers develop device to detect brain tumour through urine
- Apple may launch 'HomePod mini 2' in 2024
- YouTube releases 'Go Live Together' for creators to co-stream on phone
- Twitter expands Blue service to 6 more countries
- Google to host event about AI on Feb 8
- Apple, Google urged to remove TikTok from app stores by US Senator
- WhatsApp may soon let users pin messages within chats, group
- Car-sharing firm Getaround lays off 10% of workforce