Google working on cross-device notifications feature - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 06, 2023
According to TechCrunch, cross-device notifications will allow users to start playing a playlist or podcast in their car and resume it on their phone or TV later.
Google is currently working on adding support for YouTube Music and Spotify to this cross-device playback system.
The company mentioned that it employs a combination of signals such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and ultra-wideband (UWB), as well as the nearby device feature, which detects the proximity of devices, said the report.
Moreover, the tech giant is also working on making switching playback devices easier while using Spotify.
Spotify Connect, like Google's Chromecast and Apple's AirPlay, is a standard that allows users to "cast" media from Spotify to compatible speakers such as an Amazon Echo, according to the report.
To use Spotify Connect and switch between compatible speakers, users must first download the Spotify app. However, they will soon be able to switch between speakers by using Android 13's redesigned media switcher.
Google didn't specify when these features will be available to users, the report added.
Meanwhile, Google also announced that it is rolling out a "suspected spam caller" label to its telephone service Google Voice, which will warn users about spam calls.
The label will help protect users from unwanted calls and potentially harmful scams, the tech giant said in a Workspace Updates blogpost on Thursday.
The new label will appear on the incoming call screen and in the users' call history.
- Samsung Galaxy Book3 Series starts from Rs 1,09,990 in India
- Scammers operating investing scams infiltrate Apple App Store, Google Play
- IBM, NASA join hands to research impact of climate change with AI
- Max Healthcare's net profit jumps 7% to Rs 269 cr in Q3
- Twitter to stop offering free access to its API from Feb 9
- Sony to stop offering PlayStation Plus Collection from May 8
- Netflix introduces new features to Premium plan members
- Microsoft unveils Spotify, Phone Link widgets for Windows 11
- Microsoft Teams Premium gets new features powered by OpenAI's GPT-3.5
- Ahead of Valentine's Day, matters of heart to be discussed in Taj city