Google rolling out emoji reactions on Meet - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Users can now use emojis to share in-meeting reactions in "Google Meet on Web, Meet Hardware devices and iOS, with Android coming soon," the tech giant said in a Workspace Updates blogpost on Wednesday.
These reactions will appear as a small badge floating up the left side of the screen on the sender's video tile.
Moreover, there will be a burst of emojis on the left side of the users' screen, when there are multiple user engagements.
To share a reaction, users have to select the smile icon in the control bar to get the reaction bar.
Users can also hover on this bar to select the skin tone of their choice, which will then be applied to all emojis subject to change colour.
"In-meeting reactions provide a lightweight, non-disruptive way to engage and participate in meetings without interrupting the speaker," the company said.
"We hope these features make it easier for you, your colleagues and stakeholders to stay better connected and engaged, whether they're working from home, the office, or anywhere in between," it added.
- Google may soon let users use Android phone as USB webcam
- Samsung Galaxy Book3 Series starts from Rs 1,09,990 in India
- Scammers operating investing scams infiltrate Apple App Store, Google Play
- IBM, NASA join hands to research impact of climate change with AI
- Max Healthcare's net profit jumps 7% to Rs 269 cr in Q3
- Twitter to stop offering free access to its API from Feb 9
- Sony to stop offering PlayStation Plus Collection from May 8
- Netflix introduces new features to Premium plan members
- Microsoft unveils Spotify, Phone Link widgets for Windows 11
- Microsoft Teams Premium gets new features powered by OpenAI's GPT-3.5