Golden Globes 2023: 'The Fabelmans' bags Best Picture, Drama - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
To present the honour, filmmaker Quentin Tarantino took over the stage to announce.
He quipped: "Tom Cruise, Steven Speilberg, Elvis Presley, Cate Blanchett and Whatever those blue people are called .. These are the people for Best Picture, Drama.
'The Fabelmans' was nominated alongside James Cameron's Avatar: The Way of Water' Austin Butler-starrer 'Elvis', Cate Blanchett's' Tar' and 'Top Gun: Maverick' starring Tom Cruise.
While accepting the award, Speilberg thanked the cast, producers and crew of the film.
'The Fabelmans' is a semi-autobiographical story loosely based on Spielberg's adolescence and first years as a filmmaker, told through an original story of the fictional Sammy Fabelman, a young aspiring filmmaker who explores how the power of films can help him see the truth about his dysfunctional family and those around him.
The film stars Gabriel LaBelle as Sammy, alongside Michelle Williams, Paul Dano, Seth Rogen, and Judd Hirsch in supporting roles.
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas
- Paulo Coelho calls Shah Rukh 'king', 'legend'; SRK replies
- 'Pathaan' crosses Rs 700 crore worldwide in 9 days
- 'Tere Pyaar Mein' from Ranbir-Shraddha's 'Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar' was shot across 8 Spanish locations
- 'King of Kotha' second look poster celebrates 11 years of Dulquer in filmdom
- Armaan Malik releases three new versions of his hit track 'Sun Maahi'