Golden Globes 2023: 'House of the Dragon' wins Best Drama Series, beats 'Better Call Saul', The Crown', 'Ozark' - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
It was named Best Drama Series as it beat out the other nominees in the category including AMC's 'Better Call Saul', Netlix's 'The Crown' and 'Ozark', and Apple TV+'s 'Severance'.
The series executive producer, Miguel Sapochnik accepted the award in the company of stars Emma D'Arcy and Olivia Cooke.
Recalling the relief that the makers of 'House of the Dragon' felt when the prequel debuted, he said: "It was really heartwarming to know that we actually tread in the footsteps of 'Game of Thrones,' because that was one really good show."
Miguel admitted he didn't think the show would be victorious.
While he did not say who he believed would win, he praised 'Severance'.
'House of Dragon's Golden Globe win comes as a surprise. The experts had predicted 'Better Call Saul' and 'Ozark' had a fighting chance considering they were nominated for their final seasons.
- Pamela Anderson's ex leaves $10mn in his will despite 12-day marriage
- Kanye West throws pap's phone in the middle of the street
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui prays to Lord Hanuman as he announces his Telugu debut
- 'Pathaan' SRK talks about box-office success, tags 'Tiger' Salman as 'GOAT'
- Jr NTR's cousin Nandamuri Taaraka Ratna still critical; Telugu superstar Balakrishna pays visit
- Taimur poses with father Saif in new aeroplane pics
- KJo roots for 'bhai', 'bhaijaan' after 'Pathaan' success
- KJo praises host Aditya Narayan, says his mum is a big fan of 'Indian Idol'
- SRK-starrer 'Pathaan' grosses Rs 313 crore worldwide in first 3 days
- Boman Irani marks 38th wedding anniversary with pictures with wife Zenobia