Golden Globes 2023: Eddie Murphy feted with Cecil B. DeMille Award - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
As he walked to the stage, the theme music from his 1984 film 'Beverly Hills Cop' was played in the background.
During his acceptance speech, Eddie said, quoted by 'Variety', "I'm going to wrap it up and say something to all the new, up-and-coming dreamers and artists that are in the room tonight".
Since 1952, the Cecil B. DeMille Award has been annually presented to standout filmmakers and performers in the entertainment industry by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).
Murphy has previously been nominated for an Oscar, five Emmys and six Golden Globes -- one of which he won in 2007 for his performance in 'Dreamgirls'.
"I want to let you know that there is a definitive blueprint that you can follow to achieve success, prosperity, longevity and peace of mind. It's a blueprint, and I've followed it my whole career. It's very simple, just do these three things: pay your taxes, mind your business and keep Will Smith's wife's name out of your fucking mouth," he said as he finished his speech.
- Pawan Kalyan opens up on acting and his marriages in chat with NBK
- Rajamouli, Dhanush, Shahid at star-studded 'Dasara' teaser release
- Shooting on schedule for Thalapathy Vijay's collab with Lokesh Kanagaraj
- Amid 'Pathaan' success, Sona Mohapatra calls 'Besharam Rang' a 'mediocre song'
- 'Wakanda Forever' director hails Boseman, calls him an 'artistic partner'
- SRK thanks all those who made sure 'Pathaan' could be watched 'with love'
- Kartik Aaryan's 'Shehzada' release pushed by a week to Feb 17
- Jane Fonda raises concerns over upcoming 'Barbarella' remake
- Jackie Shroff narrates Hall of Fame, light and sound show in Leh on Martyrs' Day
- DJ Diplo surprises fans performing in Aishwarya Rai sweatshirt at Lollapalooza