Gold valued at Rs 1.38 crore seized at Hyderabad airport - Hyderabad News
by IANS | Updated Dec 10, 2022
The customs officials intercepted a male passenger who arrived from flight FZ461 from Dubai in the early hours of Saturday.
The officials checked the baggage of the passenger and found 24 carat gold weighing 1,547 grams and 18 Karat jewellery weighing 1,414 grams.
According to customs, total value of the seized contraband is Rs 1,37,92,968. Further investigation is under progress.
This is the biggest gold seizure at Hyderabad airport this month. On November 11, customs officials had seized gold valued at Rs 2.8 crore from two passengers who had arrived from Dubai.
Both the passengers were found to be carrying foreign origin gold in paste form concealed in custom-designed pockets in their undergarments. Gold weighing 5,398 grams valued at Rs 2.8 crore was recovered and seized.
- 'Don't make us take a hard stand', SC warns Centre on delaying judges' transfer
- Man arrested in Goa for possessing amphetamine
- K'taka Cong swings into action; chief says party will 'comfortably win' elections
- Car owner hits parking attendant with bat in Delhi
- Lok Sabha adjourned amid Oppn's protests over Adani issue
- Maha MLC poll results: MVA wins 3, BJP & independent bag 1 each (Ld)
- J'khand CM lashes out at Centre, Governor over domicile policy
- BSF shoots down Pakistani drone in Punjab; heroin seized
- Man held for strangling wife in Ghaziabad, burying body near pond
- Cattle scam: Anubrata Mondal's judicial custody extended by 14 days