Gamers gear up for Sony PlayStation tournaments from Thursday - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Users can participate in the tournaments on both PS5 and PS4 consoles, Sony said in a blogpost on Tuesday.
While participating in the tournaments, users can rack up wins and raise their overall rating in the Win-A-Thon leaderboard competition.
"Succeed in any Win-A-Thon eligible tournament to have that victory count towards your overall ranking on your regional leaderboard. When the results are tallied at the end of January, all players with the most points will win awesome prizes," Sony said.
The top PS5 players will get a chance to win home accessories like the new DualSense Edge wireless controller or Pulse 3D wireless headset, while PS4 users could win PS5 consoles.
For its tournament, the PS5 Win-A-Thon will only support three games -- FIFA 23, Guilty Gear-Strive and NBA 2K23.
However, PS4 players will have access to a wider range of games, including Mortal Kombat 11, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and more.
"PlayStation Tournaments on PS5 will also coincide with the launch of a new PlayStation Tournaments Discord server. Players will be able to connect here to engage more deeply with the PlayStation competitive community," Sony added.
- Lenovo announces new laptop with 'AMD Ryzen 3 7320U' processor in India
- Twitter to now share ad revenue with Blue users: Musk
- IIT Kanpur to launch haptic smartwatch for blind, visually impaired
- Smartphone app may help spot stroke symptoms as they occur
- Researchers develop device to detect brain tumour through urine
- Apple may launch 'HomePod mini 2' in 2024
- YouTube releases 'Go Live Together' for creators to co-stream on phone
- Twitter expands Blue service to 6 more countries
- Google to host event about AI on Feb 8
- Apple, Google urged to remove TikTok from app stores by US Senator