From Chanel to Saint Laurent, a Haute Couture wardrobe
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
Alongside designers such as Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld, other great 20th century couturiers will be presented: Christian Lacroix, Christian Dior, Hubert de Givenchy, Jean-Louis Scherrer, Valentino, etc. The collection presents mainly pieces dating from the 1970s, 80s and 90s, highlighting the exceptional know-how, creativity and glory of Haute Couture. Collectors and Haute Couture lovers will be enthused by the diversity of the pieces featured in this online sale, including cocktail dresses, day dresses, evening outfits, embroidered garments, skirt or trouser suits... as well as by the exceptional variety of materials, styles and designers.
Estimates range between euro 400 and euro 4,000 and 5 per cent of the sale's proceed will be donated to the Arts Decoratifs Museum in Paris. These 115 fashion pieces, brimming with discoveries, colours, elegance and drama, will be presented in a dedicated setting, created by Aline Asmar d'Amman, an architect and founder of the Culture in Architecture studio.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time