French GDP growth slows to 0.2% in Q3 - Paris News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
Gross fixed capital formation was up by 1.7 per cent in Q3, contributing dynamically to GDP growth, especially through business investment in automobiles and computer services, reports Xinhua news agency.
"Overall, final domestic demand excluding inventories contributed to GDP growth by +0.4 points (after +0.3 points in Q2)," the institute added.
Although foreign trade accelerated in Q3, with imports up by 3.5 per cent and exports up by 2 per cent, the contribution of foreign trade to GDP growth was consequently negative for the second consecutive quarter, at -0.5 points after -0.2 points in Q2, INSEE said.
In Q3, France's household gross disposable income in current euros rose by 2.6 per cent due to the effect of the anticipated revaluation of basic retirement pensions and family benefits in July, and the payment of exceptional back-to-school aid to modest households.
- British PM Rishi Sunak sacks party chairman after tax probe
- NATO chief stresses 'interconnected' security amid N.Korean support of Russian war efforts
- Chilly weather claims 170 lives in Afghanistan
- 6.3 magnitude quake hits Islamabad
- 44 killed as bus falls into ravine in Pakistan (Ld)
- Avalanche hits Japan's Nagano prefacture, several skiers found unconscious
- 10 children killed as boat capsizes in Pakistan (Ld)
- 16 rescued, nine missing after boat capsizes in Pakistan
- Pakistan hikes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 35
- Pakistan faces monumental crisis as economy tumbles