First phase of Shravasti airport in UP ready - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
According to the government spokesman, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) officials in Shravasti airport will visit the directorate general of civil aviation (DGCA) in Delhi next week and give a presentation on the status in order to get a licence to operate the airport.
Spread across 57 acres, the airport has a 1,530-meter runway to handle landing and take-off of 19 seater planes.
The airport will have direct air connectivity between Lucknow, Varanasi, Prayagraj and Kanpur.
Shravasti airport director Satyendra Yadav said, "The first phase of the airport has been developed under the Central government's regional connectivity UDAN scheme and will primarily serve tourists as Shravasti is one of the sacred places of Buddhism. "
"In second and third phases, the area will be expanded up to 725 acres," he said.
- Chip-maker Intel to layoff about 340 employees at California campus
- Samsung's Q4 profit drops 69% on sluggish demand, lowest since 2014
- Indian economy remains a 'bright spot' per IMF
- SC upholds NCLAT order on dues of Jet Airways' former employees
- ITC commences Rs 450 cr food manufacturing facility in Telangana
- Govt progressing on policy of adopting import substitutes, cost-effective indigenous fuels: Gadkari
- All outstanding ratings, including Adani company, under continuous surveillance: Acuite Ratings
- Sindhudurg to be linked with Hyderabad, Mysuru by 2 flights a week
- LIC's exposure to Adani group is only 0.975% of its AUM
- Xiaomi's Manu Jain moves on after 9 yrs, prepares for 'beginning of a new journey'