Fire breaks out in Gujarat; five injured - Rajkot (Gujarat) News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
Primarily, it seems that the fire broke out due to gas leak from a domestic LPG cylinder.
The workers, hailing from Uttar Pradesh, were employees of Macpower Company situated in Metoda GIDC estate and resided in a rented room near Diamond park society.
After hearing the victims' screams, neighbours rushed them to government hospital.
The injured were identified as Mangli Shakhwat, Mayank, Kamlesh, Rahul and Rohit.
Company's contractor Dinesh Vekariya, who visited the hospital to enquire the victims' well-being, spoke to them and later told media persons that after returning from work on Friday evening, the workers had cooked food and then have forgotten to switch off the knob of the gas stove, leading to gas leak.
When Mayank Shakhwat used a matchstick to lit bidi the next morning, the fire broke out, Vekariya added.
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC
- Delhi L-G chairs meeting to review G-20 Summit preparations
- Delhi govt allows transplantation, felling of trees for construction of Thal Sena Bhavan
- Delhi excise policy case: Credit notes were used to pay kickbacks, says ED
- Over 5K LPG cylinders related accidents since 2017-18
- Odisha police yet to reveal motive behind Health Minister's murder
- NTPC's power project far away from Joshimath, says Power Minister in Parliament