FIFA World Cup: England defender Ben White leaves squad for personal reasons - Doha (Qatar) News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
The Football Association confirmed White had left the squad for "personal reasons", adding that "the player's privacy is respected at this moment in time."
Meanwhile, White's club Arsenal published "we're all with you Ben" on social media, reports Xinhua.
The former Leeds United and Brighton player, who can operate at either right back or in central defense, has four England caps but had not made his debut in the ongoing World Cup.
Earlier, England reached the Round of 16 riding on a brace from Marcus Rashford and a goal from Phil Foden helped England to trounce Wales 3-0.
On Tuesday night at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium after a barren first half, the English strikers went on a goal-scoring spree notching three goals within a span of 18 minutes.
England topped the group after a 3-0 win over Wales and will take on African Cup Champions Senegal, the Group A runners-up in the knockout stage on Sunday.
- Australian Open: Djokovic downs Tsitsipas to win 10th Melbourne title, joins Nadal on 22 Grand Slam crowns
- All-India jr squash open: Akanksha, Rachit lift titles with upset wins
- Skipper Matthews believes bowlers can help West Indies thrive at Women's T20 World Cup
- At the moment, Cameron Green's biggest challenge is bowling: Andrew McDonald
- I still feel like I'm on another planet: Sabalenka takes Australian Open trophy on city tour
- U19 Women's T20 WC: India elect to bowl first against England in the final at Potchefstroom
- No one can replace Pant's desire to dominate bowlers: Ian Chappell
- Adam Zampa is a fantastic addition to our side, says Dubai Capitals' Sikandar Raza
- Khelo India Youth Games is springboard to nurture future champions, say coaches
- Mumbai specially-abled girl swimmer bags 'Shriver-Kennedy' award