Fanfiction App Not Working - Why is Fanfiction App Down, What is Fanfiction Error Type 1, Fanfiction Not Updating, Is Fanfiction Down?
by Shalini K
Updated Nov 09, 2020
Fanfiction App Not Working
FanFiction.Net is an fan fiction archive site founded on October 15, 1998. The website has around two million registered users and recently the Fanfiction site was not working showing Error Type 1 and the users could not access the page. The users were asked to follow the below steps to solve the issue.
Browser Related Problems
- Try to refresh the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys simultaneously on your favourite browser Chrome, Firefox, or Explorer
- Remove the temporary cache and cookies on your browser so that you have the most latest version of the web page.
Fix DNS Problems
- A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to be found with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually provided by ISP.
- Clear the local DNS cache to make sure that the ISP has the latest cache that your ISP has.
- For Users using Windows - Follow Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter. For details select your operating system
- If the user can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on the computer, it will be better to use an alternative DNS service than your ISPs. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are both very good and free public DNS services.