Family of 4 including 2 minors found hanging in Pune
by IANS | Updated Jun 19, 2020
The deceased has been identified as Atul Shinde, 33, his wife Jaya Shinde, 32, their 3-year-old daughter and a six-year-old son.
Following a tip-off, a police team from the Bharati Vidyapeeth Police Station rushed to the site this morning, forced inside the home and found the four family members hanging by nylon ropes, in an apparent case of mass suicide.
The bodies have been sent for an autopsy and investigations are on as the entire city reacted with shock at the early morning tragedy.
As per preliminary information, Shinde was engaged in a small business of providing identity-cards for students, which had suffered on account of the lockdown.
- Delhi Police nab man for extorting money from woman with nude video
- Bengal panchayat polls: BJP to set up district-level committees, include ex-cops, advocates
- Mumbai: TISS students cancel BBC documentary show after BJYM protests
- 4 killed in road accident in Bengal's Jalpaiguri
- Refurbishment of 1400 km roads, e-scooters for last-mile connectivity: Delhi CM announces two projects
- Cattle smuggling proceeds invested in film produced by Trinamool MP: BJP MLA
- Will former Pak PM Imran Khan go to jail after Fawad Chaudhry's dramatic arrest?
- Terrorist convicted in Batla House encounter case dies at AIIMS
- Pakistan's economic meltdown triggers infighting; blame game among political class intensifies
- HC allows woman to settle with kid in Aus as father doesn't turn up after divorce