Ex-Assam MLA tried to raise a terror group: Special DGP - Guwahati News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
He also accused arrested former MLA, Hitesh Basumatary, of working with a motive to form a terror group in the Bodoland Territorial Region.
Singh claimed that after getting the intelligence input, the police continued to keep an eye on the BTR and discovered the identities of several individuals who were engaged in establishing a militant group.
Speaking to reporters, Singh said that on January 6, the police conducted a search and detained former Asom Gana Parishad MLA Hitesh Basumatary, along with two other persons for allegedly conspiring to join a terrorist organisation.
"We recovered sophisticated weapons along with ammunition from his (Basumatary's) house," he added.
The Special DGP also mentioned that two years ago, a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the Nasraibil area under the Saraibil border outpost in Kokrajhar district.
"We have evidence that the arms and ammunition were supplied through Hitesh Basumatary," the officer said.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC