Espanyol motivated by performance since LaLiga restart: Wu Lei
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
Espanyol beat Alaves 2-0 on their return from the three-month suspension due to the coronavirus pandemic before holding Getafe to a goalless draw -- a performance Chinese striker Wu rated highly.
"We not only gained points from those two matches, but also got back confidence," Wu wrote on social media on Wednesday reports Xinhua news agency.
"Our team spirit has been elated to an unprecedented high level. Now we are focused on winning every point from the next matches," he said.
The Chinese striker had tested positive for COVID-19 at the end of March, but showed no ill effects on his return as he scored the second goal and was voted as the Player of the Match in their win over Alaves.
Meanwhile, LaLiga President Javier Tebas has stated that Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer away from Spain had no impact on the country's top-flight despite his surreal exploits with Real Madrid.
Ronaldo, who had joined Real Madrid in 2009 from Manchester United in the then record breaking move, left for Juventus in 2018.
Despite spending multiple trophy-laden years in Spain and having a one-in-a-lifetime rivalry with Barcelona's Lionel Messi, Tebas feels Ronaldo's exit wasn't felt across the league but only in the White half of Madrid.
"Ronaldo's departure, even if they are upset in Madrid, had almost no impact because in LaLiga we have been preparing for years for the LaLiga brand to go beyond the players," Tebas told RAC1 as per Daily Mail.
- Women's T20 Tri-series: Deepti Sharma helps dominant India thrash West Indies
- La Laga 2022-23: Four things we learned in Spain's Matchday 19 (Analysis)
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Tim David as replacement for injured Livingstone
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Henry Brookes in place of Olly Stone for 2023 season
- MP CM Shivraj Chouhan declares Khelo India Youth Games open in Bhopal
- Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI office-bearers to felicitate World Cup-winning U19 women's team
- World Veterans TT: Yogesh Desai claims gold in 70+, Mantu Murmu wins women's 60+ crown
- Boxer Tamanna Beniwal looking to win 4th medal in Khelo India Youth Games
- New Zealand's Bracewell refuses to criticise Lucknow pitch after losing T20I on spin-friendly track
- J&K LG reviews preparedness for 3rd Khelo India Winter Games