Epic Games CEO hints Fortnite returning to iOS in 2023 - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 03, 2023
In a tweet to celebrate the new year, Sweeney wrote, "Next year on iOS!", which was then followed by a picture of a Fortnite character looking up at fireworks that spell out 2023, reports MacRumors.
After Epic Games included a direct payment option in Fortnite that circumvented Apple's in-app purchasing system and broke App Store guidelines, the game was removed from the App Store in August 2020.
The iPhone maker ultimately banned Fortnite from the App Store, placing the blame directly on Epic for violating its rules.
"Epic Games took the unfortunate step of violating the App Store guidelines that are applied equally to every developer and designed to keep the store safe for our users. As a result their Fortnite app has been removed from the store," Apple had said in a statement.
"Epic enabled a feature in its app which was not reviewed or approved by Apple," it added.
Fortnite removal from the App Store led Epic Games to file a lawsuit against the tech giant.
"Three years later, both Epic Games and Apple are now appealing a court decision made in September 2021 that would have required Apple to allow developers to add in-app links to outside websites," the report said.
- 90% reduction in Covid deaths after booster dose: Study
- PagerDuty CEO faces backlash after quoting Martin Luther King Jr in layoff memo
- $3.1 mn spent on privacy last year in India: Report
- Apple may launch foldable iPad with 'carbon fibre kickstand' in 2024
- Google Pixel Tablet may come with 2 dock options
- Google terminates thousands of accounts pushing Chinese disinformation
- Acer launches new laptop with latest AMD Ryzen 7000 series processor in India
- iPhone 14 Crash Detection false alarms causing problems in Japan
- Most customers don't trust organisations over their data use in AI
- Mark Zuckerberg now puts Meta's middle managers on notice