Ensure flights from Adampur to facilitate NRIs: Punjab CM - Chandigarh News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
Chairing a review meeting of the Civil Aviation department here, the Chief Minister bemoaned that the stopping of flights from the airport has caused a lot of inconvenience to the people of the region, especially the NRIs.
However, he asked the officials to ensure that the flights from this airport are resumed at the earliest. The state government is committed for restarting the flights by March end to facilitate the people.
The Chief Minister said this resumption of flights from the airport will provide direct air connectivity to the region with the rest of the globe. He said besides saving time, money and energy of the people especially the NRIs from the region, this airport will also give further boost to the economic development of the region in general and Jalandhar city in particular.
Mann said besides facilitating NRIs to stay connected with their roots, this airport will also boost medical tourism and industrial development in the media capital of the state.
Dwelling on another agenda, the Chief Minister directed the officers to complete the ongoing work for construction of civil air terminal at Halwara within three months
He said the government has already released Rs 50 crore for early completion of the work at the civil air terminal.
The timely completion of the project is the need of hour to give impetus to the economic growth of the state.
The Chief Minister said the work on this ambitious project has been hanging in fire for the last few months.
However, Mann said after assuming the charge of office, his government has put the work on this project in fast-track mode adding that any sort of inordinate delay in work is unwarranted and undesirable.
He also asked the PWD to complete the work of construction of approach roads to these airports at the earliest.
- Ramcharitmanas row: Another Ayodhya seer announces reward for beheading SP leader
- 8 booked for desecration of Ramcharitmanas in Lucknow
- 'Go to the lower strata and check if they are getting benefits of govt schemes': Modi
- J&K L-G launches QR-code based labels of 13 different GI, non-GI registered crafts
- Enrollment in higher education increased to nearly 4.14cr in 2020-21
- Trinamool announces 1st list of 22 candidates for Tripura polls
- Urgently address gaps in leprosy services, accelerate efforts towards zero infection: WHO
- Muslims keeping Assamese language alive, says Badruddin Ajmal
- J&K approves Rs 146cr project for promotion of niche crops
- Bharat Jodo Yatra will bring 'wave of change': Goa Congress