England spinner Parkinson hopeful of playing the 1st Test against WI - London News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
England will take on the Windies in three Tests in what will be the first top-level cricket competition since the sport came to a standstill due to the coronavirus pandemic in March.
Parkinson is one of five spinners included in England's 30-man training camp at the Ageas Bowl ahead of the series, which begins on July 8.
"It does spin at Emirates Old Trafford and it is the sort of pitch where they sometimes do play two spinners so that's up to me," he was quoted as saying by Sky Sports.
"It's up to me to perform well and stay in 'The X-Factor' judges houses and try to perform well in the nets and the inter-match to try to feature. Fingers crossed when they do cut some players it's not me."
Parkinson, 23, will join the rest of the group at the bio-secure venue near Southampton on Tuesday.
"Three months ago, I was gutted because I didn't do enough in New Zealand or South Africa with the red-ball to warrant selection and the warm-up games didn't go as well as I would have wanted," he said.
"To have ticked that sort of box in the lead-up to the Test match (in Sri Lanka) it was just nice to be in a bit more of a relaxed position, thinking 'I've actually done OK here'.
"It's one of those things, the more you play the more you get used to the level you're playing at. There probably is a couple of work-ons that I need to do to be successful at that level."
- ISL 2022-23: Jamshedpur FC register 2-0 win over NorthEast United FC
- Prime Volleyball League: Bengaluru Torpedoes go down to Kolkata Thunderbolts in opener
- ACC board meeting: Decision on Asia Cup 2023 venue deferred to next month
- ISL 2022-23: Mumbai City FC share points with Hyderabad FC as their League Shield prospects grow
- Davis Cup 2023: India suffer 2-3 loss against Denmark in Group I play-offs
- ISL 2022-23: Bengaluru FC look to continue charge for playoffs as ATK Mohun Bagan eye third place (preview)
- ILT20: Hetmyer fifty helps Gulf Giants beat Desert Vipers, confirm top-two finish
- Real Madrid, Barcelona continue title race in La Liga (preview)
- ILT20: Breezy knocks by Md Waseem, Pollard take MI Emirates to playoffs
- SA20: MI Cape Town captain Rashid Khan asks teammates to play smart cricket in next matches