Elon Musk suspends Kanye West from Twitter for violating rules - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
West went on an antisemitic tirade during an appearance on American far-right radio show host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' 'Infowars' talk show in which the controversial rapper praised Hitler.
"I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence. Account will be suspended," Musk responded to a Twitter follower who asked him to "fix" West.
Musk clarified that his account is being suspended for incitement to violence, "not an unflattering pic of me being hosed by Ari".
"Frankly, I found those pics to be helpful motivation to lose weight," said Musk after West posted some of Musk's private pictures on Twitter where he is seen taking a bath on a yacht.
West told Jones on his talk show that Hitler, like every human being, brought value to the world.
He also said he sees good things about the Nazi founder.
Later in the interview, West made antisemitic jokes about former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
In October, after Meta-owned Instagram, Twitter had locked the rapper after he posted an anti-Semitic tweet.
Meanwhile, reports surfaced that West is not going to buy social media app Parler.
Parler's owner and West have "mutually" parted ways without closing the deal, the company told TechCrunch.
- Samsung-incubated startup TagHive dreams big in S.Korea, India
- Apple AR headset may feature health & wellness experiences
- Is oxytocin a 'love hormone'? Indian-origin researchers raise questions
- Apple's Emergency SOS via satellite saves two women stranded in Canada
- Apple to increase App Store prices in UK, other countries on Feb 13
- Twitter removes option to send direct message on Android, iOS
- US probes Elon Musk for Tesla self-driving claims
- WhatsApp working on message reactions within community announcement group
- Apple may limit Wi-Fi 6E network to iPhone 15 Pro models
- Experts uphold universal HPV vaccination to save women from cervical cancer