Elon Musk hopes Brazilians resolve matters 'peacefully' - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 09, 2023
Musk tweeted: "I hope that the people of Brazil are able to resolve matters peacefully."
The presidential election, whose results were announced on October 31, 2022, were marred by outrageous online disinformation spread by allies of both candidates.
Reports had surfaced in November last year that Musk personally moderated posts related to the Brazilian election.
"He is constantly calling balls and strikes," the reports said.
Musk met Bolsonaro during a trip to Brazil in May last year.
According to the New York Post, the right-wing president had called Musk's Twitter takeover bid a "breath of hope".
"It's the start of a relationship which I'm sure will soon end in marriage," Bolsonaro said about his meeting with Musk.
In December, Musk said he thought it was "possible" that Twitter employees in the content moderation team gave preference to left-wing candidates during the Brazil election.
"I've seen a lot of concerning tweets about the recent Brazil election," Musk posted on Twitter, when a follower asked about the Brazilian election being "handled" by the previous management.
"If those tweets are accurate, it's possible that Twitter personnel gave preference to left wing candidates," Musk added.
- WhatsApp rolling out longer group subjects, descriptions on Android beta
- 90% reduction in Covid deaths after booster dose: Study
- PagerDuty CEO faces backlash after quoting Martin Luther King Jr in layoff memo
- $3.1 mn spent on privacy last year in India: Report
- Apple may launch foldable iPad with 'carbon fibre kickstand' in 2024
- Google Pixel Tablet may come with 2 dock options
- Google terminates thousands of accounts pushing Chinese disinformation
- Acer launches new laptop with latest AMD Ryzen 7000 series processor in India
- iPhone 14 Crash Detection false alarms causing problems in Japan
- Most customers don't trust organisations over their data use in AI