elder sister's lover arrested for girl's murder in Lucknow - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
One of the accused is the lover of the victim's elder sister and the other is his friend.
The victim had threatened to disclose the relations of the accused with her elder sister which led to the crime.
The accused, Pawan Singh, 20, and Raj Babu, 19, have been sent to jail.
Abhijit R. Shankar, additional deputy commissioner of police (ADCP) North, Lucknow, said the two accused confessed to the crime during interrogation.
They were taken into custody on the basis of call details and location found near the spot on the day and the time of the incident.
He said investigations revealed that Pawan Singh had an affair with the victim's elder sister for the past three years and he along with his friend had come to meet her on the day of incident.
He said the victim spotted Pawan interacting with her elder sister near the spot and threatened to disclose their affair to their parents.
The ADCP said Pawan first asked the victim's elder sister to immediately return home, assuring her that he will convince her sister somehow to not to disclose their relations.
He said Pawan went aggressive while trying to convince the victim and strangled her with the scarf she was wearing and fled leaving the body at the spot.
He said the two accused revealed that Pawan strangulated her to death while his friend Raj Babu held her legs at the time of incident.
He said the victim's elder sister was apprehensive that her sister had been murdered by Pawan Singh and Raj Babu but did not tell this to her parents and the police fearing that she too would get booked for the crime.
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case