ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
Earlier, the Income Tax Department had filed a chargesheet under Section 51 of the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act before the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate against Suresh Kumar Banthia and Jitesh Kumar Banthia for undisclosed credit in the bank account of an offshore company registered at BVI, of which they were beneficial owners.
Since Section 51 of the Act is a scheduled offence under Part C of the schedule to the PMLA, the ED also initiated investigation under PMLA.
Previously, assets worth of Rs 1,51,49,805 and cash amounting to Rs 10,20,000 were freezed under Section 17 of PMLA.
"The attached properties are equivalent in value held within the country, since the proceeds of crime are lying in the bank account held outside India. After this provisional attachment order, total value of assets seized/freezed/attached is Rs 10.74 crore," the ED said.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them