ED arrests Chhattisgarh CM's Deputy Secretary in PMLA case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
The ED in September arrested Chhattisgarh-based IAS officer Sameer Vishnoi, Sunil Agarwal of Indramani Group and one Laxmikant Tiwari.
In October, an absconding accused Suryakant Tiwari had surrendered before a court and was arrested.
Another IAS officer Ranu Sahu was reportedly missing but she wrote a letter to ED in October and told the officials that she was on medical leave.
Later, ED had conducted search operations at her mother's residence in the third week of October.
Bishnoi was questioned by the ED officials regarding the commission money he allegedly used to take in connection with coal mining.
ED had also raided some locations in Chhattisgarh for two consecutive days and recovered around Rs 4 crore.
The Income Tax department had earlier written a letter to the Chhattisgarh government in which it was alleged that "a few officials very close to Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel" were involved in getting commission/ bribe from those involved in the business of coal and others.
However, no action was taken by the state government in this respect.
According to the information, IAS officers J.P. Maurya and Ranu Sahu's premises were among the places that were raided by the ED.
The ED team had also searched the premises of three IPS officers.
Earlier, when the raids were conducted, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had termed it 'political raids'.
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case