Eastern Air Command HQ in Shillong completes 63 yrs of service - Shillong News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
The occasion was marked by a wreath-laying ceremony by Air Marshal S.P. Dharkar, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Air Command, at the War Memorial here, officials said.
The Eastern Air Command was born in combat and has grown through battles. It is one of the lethal arms of the Indian Air Force which controls air operations over a vast area that straddles the eight northeastern states, West Bengal, Bihar, and parts of Odisha and Jharkhand covering over three lakh square kilometres.
It also controls the air space over the 6,300 km-long international boundary with China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, and Bangladesh.
The Eastern Air Command participated in the 1962, 1965, and 1971 wars and over the years has impressively contributed towards the evacuation of victims of natural calamities like floods, landslides, and earthquakes.
An officer informed that several new inductions have also taken place in the Command to meet the changed security scenario.
- Car owner hits parking attendant with bat in Delhi
- Lok Sabha adjourned amid Oppn's protests over Adani issue
- Maha MLC poll results: MVA wins 3, BJP & independent bag 1 each (Ld)
- J'khand CM lashes out at Centre, Governor over domicile policy
- BSF shoots down Pakistani drone in Punjab; heroin seized
- Man held for strangling wife in Ghaziabad, burying body near pond
- Cattle scam: Anubrata Mondal's judicial custody extended by 14 days
- Telangana a role model for entire country: Governor Tamilisai
- SC issues notice to Centre on pleas against blocking of BBC documentary
- SC may get five judges soon; Centre says new appointments coming through