Drug peddler held from Delhi's Ambedkar Nagar, heroin worth Rs 1 cr recovered - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
They also recovered 255 grams of fine quality heroin valued at Rs one crore from the possession of the accused identified as Parminder, a resident of Rohini.
According to Usha Rangnani, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (northwest), in view of forthcoming MCD elections, the team of Narcotics Squad of North West district prepared a list of various suspicious persons who are involved in drug peddling crime to find out their pattern of crime.
The team was detailed and specifically tasked to identify and nab criminals involved in drug peddling.
"On December 1, specific inputs were received about the suspicious activities of a person suspected to be a drug peddler. Immediately, a trap was laid and he was arrested from Ambedkar Nagar near Haiderpur. During his cursory search, one transparent polythene containing some pink coloured contraband substance was recovered," said Rangnani.
Parminder confessed that he is a drug peddler and was coming in the area to sell the illicit contraband.
"On weighing, the contraband substance recovered from Parminder was found to be 255 grams. On further verification with the help of a testing kit, the pink coloured 255 grams of contraband substance was found to be fine quality heroin, worth about Rs 1 crore in the international market," said the official.
During interrogation, Parminder also revealed that he indulged in transportation of heroin for the past two years and supplied it to various clients on demand.
"He used to take the delivery of heroin from Rohini in bulk quantity from a supplier and further supplied it to the clients on their demand," said the official, adding that efforts are being made to trace his any other associate and the supplier.
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC
- Delhi L-G chairs meeting to review G-20 Summit preparations
- Delhi govt allows transplantation, felling of trees for construction of Thal Sena Bhavan
- Delhi excise policy case: Credit notes were used to pay kickbacks, says ED
- Over 5K LPG cylinders related accidents since 2017-18
- Odisha police yet to reveal motive behind Health Minister's murder
- NTPC's power project far away from Joshimath, says Power Minister in Parliament