'Do not try to dictate it to the CJI': Chief Justice Chandrachud on plea for urgent hearing - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
"As a CJI, whatever I lay down is the practice. Do not try to dictate it to the CJI," he told Singh, who is also President of the Supreme Court Bar Association.
Singh had sought listing of a matter connected with the allotment of chambers to lawyers. Initially, the CJI said that he will try to list the matter. But, as Singh pointed out that the practice of the Supreme Court was to finish the board, he said: "We will list it, we have a very heavy board."
However, Singh asked the court to list the matter on any day of this week. At this juncture, the Chief Justice expressed his discontent.
The Chief Justice, in November last year, had said that there was an enormous burden of workload on judges and there was also enormous stress in listing of the cases.
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case
- Leopard that attacked 3 in Ghaziabad court captured (Ld)
- SC removes reference to Sikkimese-Nepalese as 'persons of foreign origin' in its verdict