Dimple Yadav takes oath as Lok Sabha MP, seeks Sonia's blessings (Lead) - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 12, 2022
She was accompanied by her husband Akhilesh Yadav, when she arrived in the morning to take oath.
In a heart-warming gesture, Dimple Yadav touched former Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's feet after taking oath as MP in Lok Sabha.
She had won the Lok Sabha by-election from Mainpuri last week, defeating BJP's Raghuraj Singh Shakya by more than 2.8 lakh votes.
This will be her third term as Lok Sabha MP. She has been a member of the lower house twice from Kannauj.
The by-election was necessitated after the demise of Mulayam Singh Yadav, who passed away on October 10 this year.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM