Delhi: Man arrested for killing lover's hubby - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 07, 2023
The accused identified as Munishddin, a resident of Ram Ghat in the Wazirabad area, has an extra-marital affair with the wife of deceased Rashid.
Rashid was murdered by the accused by stabbing him in the abdomen and slitting his throat. Thereafter, Munishddin burnt the body of Rashid.
On January 2, after a 90 per cent charred body was found lying in front of Ram Ghat, a case under section 302 (murder) and 201 (disappearance of evidence) IPC was registered at Wazirabad police station.
"During investigation, the police teams scanned the CCTV footages of the area and a person was seen with Rashid. Based on the analysis of CCTV footages, technical and manual surveillance, all the investigation zeroed in on accused Munishddin," said Ravindra Singh Yadav, the Special Commissioner of Police (crime).
"After receiving specific inputs that the accused would come near nala, Bawana road, Rohini Sector-16 in wee hours, a trap was laid and accused Munishddin was apprehended," said the Special CP.
"On interrogation, police found that Munishddin and Rashid used to work together as plumber and electrician, so they became close friends. They even started visiting each other's house. During this time, Munishddin and Rashid's wife developed an extra-marital relationship, said the Special CP.
Munishddin used to visit Rashid's house often to meet latter's wife. For the last 10-15 days, she was pressurising Munishddin to get rid of Rashid.
"As per planning, on the day of incident, Munishddin took Rashid to Ram Ghat, where they both consumed alcohol. After that Munishddin stabbed Rashid in an inebriated condition and even slit his throat before burning the body with the help of inflammable bushes. The accused tried to destroy all the evidences and identification of the deceased," said the official.
- Over 4,000 youths cheated on pretext of 'gigolo', escort jobs, two arrested
- Did Shakespeare predict J&K's bigwig land grabbers in his sublime tragedy?
- Delhi L-G recommends Sisodia's name to Home Ministry for probe over Feedback Unit
- Campaigning for Tripura polls at high pitch
- '1,457 cases pending related to compensation for land acquisition'
- Police report on postering in front of Justice Mantha's residence lacks specifics
- 2 held in Tamil Nadu for poaching 18 turtles
- Maha: MVA, others seek probe into scribe's 'murder', decry lawlessness
- Karnataka's ruling BJP, opposition parties gear up for last Assembly session
- Upendra Kushwaha has given his 'dil' to someone else: RJD leader