Delhi L-G prohibited govt school teachers from travelling to Finland for training: Sisodia - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
"The L-G's refusal to foreign exposure training for our teachers is an attack on Delhi's education model, which has made India proud all over the world. Instead of helping to make the education model more glorious, the L-G is focused on stopping our unique initiatives, which is very shameful," said Sisodia.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also tweeted on the development, saying: "We have been sending Delhi government school teachers abroad for training, and it has contributed greatly to Delhi's education revolution; it is not right to stop them from going abroad for training."
Sisodia claimed that the L-G said there is no justification for these trainings, and has asked the SCERT to do their cost-benefit analysis.
"I want to ask the L-G, how the cost-benefit analysis of these trainings will be done. Are the changes that occured in Delhi government schools after these trainings -- the wonderful atmosphere for learning, the excellent results of our children in board exams, and the re-instilled faith of parents in Delhi government schools -- not benefits," Sisodia asked.
Terming this as an attack on Delhi's education system, Sisodia said that after coming to power, the AAP government has been sending its teachers for training to institutions which are the best in the world in the field of education, such as in Singapore, Finland, England etc.
"This initiative is taken to provide global exposure to our teachers so that they can adopt the best practices from across the world in our schools. Due to this initiative, the confidence of our teachers has increased, and they now look at education from a global perspective," he said.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief