Delhi hit-and-drag case: Police invoke Section 302 in the FIR - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Outer, Harendra K. Singh said that as per evidence, physical, oral and forensic, Section 302 has been invoked in the present case.
Initially, the FIR was registered under Sections 304-A (causing death by negligence) and 279 (rash driving) of the IPC. Later, following protest by the victim's family members, the police had added IPC's Sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) at Sultanpuri police station.
Police also added Section 201 (destruction of evidence) of the Indian Penal Code to the FIR.
Police had arrested all the seven accused -- Ashutosh, Ankush Khanna, Deepak Khanna, Amit Khanna, Krishan, Mitthun, and Manoj Mittal.
Ashutosh and Ankush are accused of tampering with the evidence in the case, said a senior police official.
As per sources, Ashutosh, the car owner and Amit's brother, Ankush Khanna had talks with the five accused and as Amit did not have driving licence, Deepak was told to tell police that he was in the driving seat at the time of incident.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time