Delhi HC to examine implementation of Article 15(2) on tribal woman's plea - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 20, 2022
On December 12, the court had granted time to the club to place on record the latest amended by-laws.
Referring to the by-laws submitted by the club, the woman's counsel Senior Advocate Vrinda Grover submitted that they have now entrenched the discrimination.
The bench listed the matter for further hearing on January 20.
Counsel for the club on December 5, had submitted that an apology has been given to the lady. Responding to that, Grover had contended that the affidavit submitted by them says that they have not apologised.
He had said that he has been engaged in the matter and will seek instructions as there are issues with maintainability as well.
However, on December 12, the Club's counsel submitted that one apology has already been given.
Grover contended that it is not an apology and they are saying that it is a mistake of an employee, but the employee has followed their by-laws, and it is written in there.
He had submitted that the bylaws have been amended in the year 2017.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time