Delhi govt restricts BS-3 petrol and BS-4 diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The restrictions on the vehicle will continue till December 9 or downward the revision in GRAP stage whichever is earlier.
"As per the directions under GRAP-3, Transport Dept of Delhi Govt orders restrictions to ply BS-3 Petrol and BS-4 Diesel LMVs (4 wheelers) in NCT of Delhi, with immediate effect, till dated 9th December or till downward revision in GRAP stage, whichever is earlier," said the transport department in a official communication.
However, the restriction will not be imposed on the vehicles deployed in emergency services, government and election work.
"If any BS-III petrol and BS-IV diesel LMV (4 wheeler) found plying on the roads, will be prosecuted under section 194 of Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 which provides with a fine of Rs 20,000," the transport department said.
According to the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting And Research (SAFAR), the city's overall Air Quality Index (AQI) was recorded at 337 in the very poor category on Monday. The concentration of both PM 2.5 and PM 10 in the environment was recorded at 337 and 196 respectively under very poor and poor category respectively.
- Centre asks Vodafone Idea to convert Rs 16,000 dues into equity
- J&K sanctions Rs 62 cr project for commercial cultivation of herbal riches
- Paytm Founder announces operating profitability, says free cash flow generation is next
- Over 20K foreign buyers from 28 countries invited to inaugural Rajasthan Int’l Expo
- Budget allocated Rs 10K cr for railway sector in Odisha: Vaishnaw
- Amid Adani group row, RBI says banking sector remains resilient
- S&P Global revises Adani Electricity, Adani Ports ratings to 'negative'
- DGCA orders probe as Indigo passenger reaches Udaipur instead of Patna
- ITC logs Q3 PAT of Rs 5,031 crore, declares interim dividend of Rs 6
- Punjab imposes 90 paise per litre cess on petrol, diesel