Delhi-based lawyer files complaint against Bihar education minister - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
According to Jindal, Shekhar's statement about the three holy books -- Manu Smriti, Ramcharitmanas and Bunch of Thoughts -- was provocative and derogatory.
Jindal complained that the statement was made with the sole objective of hurting Hindu sentiments.
Citing a video and recent news reports on the internet, Jindal has contended that Shekhar said that the three holy books have been spreading caste-related hatred in different eras.
According to Jindal, during his speech at an event, Shekhar claimed that books like Manu Smriti, Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas and Bunch of Thoughts by Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar worked towards keeping 85 per cent of the population in the country backwards. He claimed that while Manu Smriti abuses the lower castes, Ramcharitmanas advocates keeping lower caste people illiterate.
Jindal, who is also a social activist, claimed that Shekhar said that Ramcharitmanas prevents Dalits, lower castes and women from getting education, and therefore it should be burnt.
He complained that by these words against the books, Shekhar is targeting the Hindu community with the intent to divide and incite hatred by using derogatory words. "The contents of the statement made by him clearly show his intent of instigating enmity between two groups on the grounds of caste and he also made inciting statements against Hindu community," Jindal's complaint read.
Jindal said that being a Hindu by religion, his religious sentiments have been deeply hurt by this statement.
He said that by making such a statement, Shekhar has committed an offence under Sections 153A &B, 295, 298 and 505 of the Indian Penal Code, which are cognizable offences and very serious in nature.
Jindal has requested the DCP to lodge an FIR against Shekhar under these sections and take strict legal action.
- Punjab ex-minister Dharamsot arrested
- In process of finalising online gaming regulations, Centre to Delhi HC
- ADGP Kashmir reviews security scenario in Baramulla
- K'taka generates nearly 50% of country's renewable energy: Bommai
- Not above law just because one is a constitutional authority, says SC
- 846 domestic, 458 international flights delayed at IGI airport in Dec-Jan
- Telangana Congress chief launches padyatra (Ld, correcting para 5)
- Rajsamand MP Diya Kumari meets Rly Minister in Delhi
- 'If you ignore hate crime, it will come for you': SC on delay in FIR in 2021 Noida case
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered (Lead)