Cyber attackers briefly hack Jal Shakti Ministry's Twitter handle - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
Officials said that a preliminary probe has been initiated by concerned agencies into the hacking of the Ministry's account. They said that the account was restored shortly and the suspicious tweets from the hacked account were removed.
Sources said the hacking took place early morning on Tuesday when suspicious activity was witnessed on the page.
It came to light when a tweet promoting crypto wallet Sui Wallet was first posted by the Jal Shakti ministry account early this morning. Moreover, the account's profile picture was also altered with Sui's logo.
After the hacking, the tweet by the ministry's handle also tagged numerous unknown accounts and subsequent tweets followed the same pattern.
This is not the first instance of hacking of a Twitter account.
Earlier, in February this year, Bharatiya Janata Party national president J.P. Nadda's Twitter account was hacked and it featured tweets on crypto donations.
Before this, In January this year, the Twitter account of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting was briefly compromised and the hackers had changed the name of the account.
Meanwhile, the ransomware attack which put All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi's servers out of order on November 23 is yet to be resolved completely.
Multiple agencies have been looking into the cyber attack at the crucial installation of the country. While a case has been registered, the India Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN), Delhi Police and other investigating agencies are investigating the incident.
Cyber attack at AIIMS Delhi resulted in a data leak and affected the hospital's digital services, including lab services, billing, report generation, appointment scheduling and others.
- PIL in Delhi HC seeks direction to conduct LS, Assembly polls together in 2024
- Insta Fraud: Techie held in B'luru for trapping women by promising jobs
- Scheduled Caste employees in Hry to get reservation in promotion
- Houses in J&K's Doda develop cracks, 19 families shifted
- Shivakumar at dinner at Kichcha Sudeepa's house amid rumours of actor's political entry
- Ex-Sikkim CM's party calls 48-hour state bandh
- Punjab Cabinet approves electric vehicle policy
- J'khand HC grants relief to Rahul Gandhi in case pertaining to remarks against Amit Shah
- Delhi HC dismisses 2006 Mumbai train blasts convict's plea for govt reports
- Calcutta HC upholds life sentence to Pakistani terrorist held in Kolkata