Custodial death reported from J&K's Kathua - Jammu News
Jammu, Feb 7 (IANS) A man died in police custody in J&K's Kathua district on Tuesday with his family alleging that he was tortured in the lockup.
by IANS | Updated Feb 07, 2023
Official sources said that Sonu Kumar, 38, was arrested and 7 grams of contraband heroin was recovered from him. He was sent to lockup in Nagri police post.
"He body was shifted for medico-legal formalities to government medical college hospital in Kathua town," an official said, adding that two policemen of Nagri police post have been placed under suspension till the report of the probe ordered into this dead is received.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them