CRPF arrests 5 Maoists, 7 surrender in three states - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
According to the CRPF, the five militia members were arrested on Sunday from the forest area under the Cherla police station of Telangana.
In Andhra Pradesh, 2 Maoists surrendered before the CRPF and state police at Yatapaka.
In Chhattisgarh's Chintagufa and Sukma, one and four Maoists laid down their weapons, respectively.
The CRPF apprised that to counter the Maoist threat, the force has adopted a multi-pronged strategy of conducting operations, shutting down supply lines, setting up new camps in core areas and urgingthe militiamen to lay down arms and join the mainstream, which has been the reason for their success.
- Punjab ex-minister Dharamsot arrested
- In process of finalising online gaming regulations, Centre to Delhi HC
- ADGP Kashmir reviews security scenario in Baramulla
- K'taka generates nearly 50% of country's renewable energy: Bommai
- Not above law just because one is a constitutional authority, says SC
- 846 domestic, 458 international flights delayed at IGI airport in Dec-Jan
- Telangana Congress chief launches padyatra (Ld, correcting para 5)
- Rajsamand MP Diya Kumari meets Rly Minister in Delhi
- 'If you ignore hate crime, it will come for you': SC on delay in FIR in 2021 Noida case
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered (Lead)