CONMEBOL sets out protocols for football restart
by IANS | Updated Jun 19, 2020
The measures, which also include a ban on kissing the ball and recommendations for clubs to reduce the risk of injury to players after three months of inactivity, was sent to CONMEBOL's 10 member federations on Thursday, reports Xinhua news agency.
CONMEBOL did not set a date for a return to the Copa Libertadores - South America's equivalent of the UEFA Champions League - or the second-tier Copa Sudamericana, however, it said football was "closer".
"We presented a protocol for training, travel and tournaments," the entity tweeted. "It is a contribution for football's return, keeping in mind everyone's health."
The Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana have been suspended since mid-March. The region's opening qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup, which had been scheduled for March, were also postponed indefinitely.
- Border-Gavaskar Trophy: India should look to win 4-0, expect the ball to turn, says Ravi Shastr
- To sit out and breathe fresh air feels blessed: Rishabh Pant updates on his road to recovery
- Australian pace attack could be a real threat to India: Sunil Gavaskar
- PVL: 'No pressure' on Kolkata Thunderbolts as captain Ashwal Rai eyes 2nd win of season
- Sachin Baisoya establishes lead with 64 on day one of PGTI Players Championship 2023
- India lose lead and match against Nepal in SAFF U-20 Women's C'ship
- Spinner Asif Afridi banned from all cricket for two years: PCB
- Clare Connor, Justin Langer, Graeme Smith join MCC World Cricket Committee
- Litchfield, Mooney, Scrivens shortlist for ICC Women's Player of the Month for January 2023
- 'She was in pain and wanted me to hit more sixes': Chris Gayle recalls when he broke a fan's nose with a six