Congress dares Goa CM to prove 'All Party Meeting' was called on Mhadei - Panaji News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
He was reacting to the statement of Sawant, who on Wednesday said that opposition MLAS didn't attend the 'All Party Meeting' called to discuss the Mhadei issue and hence they were not invited to meet Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday at 7.30 p.m.
"They have not shown interest in it and hence we have not invited them to meet Amit Shah," Sawant said on Wednesday before leaving for Delhi.
Goa Legislative Assembly Speaker Ramesh Tawadkar, Environment Minister Nilesh Cabral, Water Resource Minister Subhash Shirodkar, Forest Minister Vishwajit Rane (All BJP MLAs), Power Minister Sudin Dhavalikar (MG Party) and an Independent MLA Chandrakant Shetye are part of this delegation.
"It is totally a false statement by Chief Minister Pramod Sawant. I dare CM to prove this when he called for an All Party Meeting on Mhadei. Sawant on December 30, 2022 had announced that he will write to Prime Minister Narendra Modi demanding withdrawal of approval given to DPR of Kalsa Bhandura Project. What happened to that letter? Why meeting with Home Minister Amit Shah and not Prime Minister?," Patkar questioned.
Since Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai announced that the Centre has cleared the much disputed Kalasa-Bhanduri dam project in his state, people have started to vent their anger over the issue and political parties are holding public meetings.
- Maurya writes to Prez, PM on Ramcharitmanas
- Fire breaks out at HDFC Bank in Delhi
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs