Cong seeks fresh probe into death of woman Malayalam film director 3 years ago - Thiruvananthapuram News
by IANS | Updated Jan 04, 2023
Even though the police had probed the case three years ago, it appeared to have reached no conclusion and it was dismissed as a suicide.
It was after the autopsy report surfaced in the public domain, that her friends strongly disagreed with it as it said she committed suicide by strangulating herself. However, the report also mentioned injuries on her abdomen which led to calls for reopening the case and a fresh probe.
Satheesan said that with the friends and family members of the deceased expressing serious doubts about the police probe and the findings in the autopsy report, a fresh probe is needed.
The Kerala police has now formed a special team to conduct the probe.
The 28-year-old film maker was a close associate of award winning director Lenin Rajendran who passed away on January 14, 2019.
The death of Rajendran was a shock to her and when she was found dead on February 24, 2019, the general impression was that she was deeply upset over the passing away of her mentor.
Suryan had worked in films by Rajendran besides her own and had done several advertisements also, in addition to directing stage shows here and abroad.
- Agra: Advocate held after woman alleges rape
- Delhi Police arrests member of fake coins syndicate from Mumbai
- Two held for stealing phones from consignments on way to IGI airport
- 'HRERA Gurugram announced 7,000 judgements in five years'
- Arms, drugs recovery case: ED conducts raids in Punjab
- Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre celebrates 255th Raising Day
- Delhi court restrains Shikhar Dhawan's estranged wife from defaming him
- ART, Surrogacy Bill strive to provide better medical care: Mandaviya
- Puducherry L-G, Stalin condole demise of legendary singer Vani Jayaram
- J&K LG inaugurates Special Governance Camp for Kashmiri migrants